After a lot of thinking, I decided to stop procrastinating and start writing some of my experiences. So, here I am........

All Posts

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why don't we make our voting system elecronic?

I have never voted. I know it's wrong. Reasons: my parents were not supportive, because of possibility of riots during election period; there is always a big queue of people, waiting to vote.

Many people in India don't vote due to same reasons.

Why don't government make it comfortable for people to vote. Why don't government develop electronic voting system. Possible issues, I see with e-voting:

People don't know how to use computers:
This is an issue in rural areas. But, in metro cities it should not be such a big issue. We can start with Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai and then we can teach people in rural areas.

Security Issues
These issues are there with many things. But, still online banking is used everywhere in metro cities why not electronic voting.

Difficult to implement
I agree this is an issue, but we have to find a solution. People have proposed solutions.


I don't see any strong reason against e-voting.

1 comment:

Digits said...

Government doesnot electrify voting system because they dont want literate people to take part in any kind of their issues. They are better apart for them, and so far they have been successful.